Acne is one of the common skin ailments faced by almost all teenagers in the world. Though they vanish with time, in some cases blemishes leave behind nasty scars.
There are many cosmetic creams that claim to treat and fade acne scars. Unfortunately, they all are packed with chemical preservatives that can irritate your skin.
Instead, home available ingredients are effective and aren’t associated with any serious side-effects.
Here you’ll learn about aloe vera gel and how you can use it for acne.
Is Aloe Vera Gel Good for Acne?
- Packed with vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E, aloe gel can effectively improve healthy functioning of your skin.
- Anti-inflammatory abilities exhibited by aloe gel can reduce acne inflammation.
- Apart from that antibacterial, antiseptic and antioxidant agents residing in aloe gel help protect your skin from ailments.
- Soothing and hydrating abilities of this gel help to reduce inflammation and fasten the healing process.
- Vitamin C promotes collagen production and lightens the appearance of scars.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel for Acne and Acne Scars?
Wash your face with water and pat dry. Apply aloe vera gel and allow it to dry naturally.
To make the face mask more effective, add lemon juice and honey to it.
- Aloe vera gel – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½
Mix all listed ingredients in a bowl.
If you’ve sensitive skin, then don’t use excess lemon juice. Its acidic nature may irritate your skin.
Massage acne affected face with the face mask.
Allow it to dry naturally for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Honey and lemon juice are also packed with nutrients that are essential to have acne free skin.