Thighs, breasts, hips, abdomen and knees are common places where you can see stretch marks. These vertical lines are normal and there is nothing you can do to prevent them. Or you think so.
Topical application of aloe vera gel on stretch marks can effectively reduce its appearance.
Due to pregnancy, puberty, sudden gain or loss in weight or certain medicines interfere in collagen formation. Your skin stretches beyond it limit and as a result inner skin layer tears at different places. (1)
- About 90 percent of pregnant women get stretch marks.
- To some extent you can control stretch marks with regular application of aloe vera.
- You can get these lines, even if you’re thin.
- Stretch marks don’t disappear with weight loss.
- You can’t permanently fade stretch marks, however using home remedies you can lighten its appearance.
How to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Stretch Marks?
Before checking its recipe, is aloe vera good for stretch marks?
- Prominent for its healing ability, vitamins in this gel stimulate cell regeneration.
- Fatty acids present in aloe vera hydrates your skin and help to heal stretch marks.
- Assorted vitamin in it promotes collagen production, which is essential to improve elasticity of your skin.
- Apart from this, aloe gel is packed with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities that restrain ailments from the skin.
#1 Aloe Vera Gel and Lemon Juice
Known for its bleaching ability lemon juice can help to lighten the appearance of these vertical lines.
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Initially peel aloe vera and collect its fresh gel in a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice and mix 1 tsp of it in aloe vera gel.
- After mixing thoroughly, apply the mask over prewashed skin.
- Massage in circular motion and leave it to dry naturally.
#2 Aloe Vera and Castor Oil
This folk remedy castor oil is sticky and packed with exceptional cosmetic benefits.
- Aloe gel – 2 tablespoons
- Castor oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mix above mentioned ingredients and slightly warm them.
- Now, apply obtained liquid over the skin in circular motion.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with water.
#3 Aloe Vera and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is packed with all essential nutrients that your skin and hair needs.
- Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
- Aloe gel – ¼ cup
- Wash affected area with water to cleanse impurities.
- Pat dry with soft cloth.
- Mean while ask your partner to mix above mentioned ingredients in a bowl.
- Massage your skin with this mask for few minutes.
- Leave it over the skin overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
#4 Aloe Gel and Honey
Nutritional benefits of honey need no explanation. Humectant, healing and rich concentration of vitamins in it makes it all round remedy.
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tbsp
- Almond oil – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Grind aloe gel and honey to obtain smooth paste.
- Add almond oil and mix thoroughly.
- Apply this homemade mask over prewashed skin.
- Massage to improve blood circulation and leave it to dry naturally.
#5 Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is packed with exceptional nutrients that can treat stretch marks, dark spots and blemishes.
- Coconut oil – ½ cup
- Aloe gel – 1/3 cup
- Blend aloe gel and coconut oil in required amount to form smooth paste.
- You can preserve this mask for a week in air tight container.
- Take some of it and apply it over the skin before going to sleep.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
Note: Try these recipes regularly to prevent stretch marks.