Inflammation, pain or stiffness of joints, fingers, hands, elbows and knees is often considered as arthritis.
Using apple cider vinegar to treat arthritis isn’t new method. This natural ingredient has been used to relieve inflammation caused by arthritis for thousands of years.
Though modern science may discredit this effective ingredient due to lack of authentic scientific evidence, but anecdotal reports back ACV for its healing properties.
Dailmail.co.uk reports that Sir Ranulph Fiennes cured arthritis by mixing apple cider vinegar and honey. (1)
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Arthritis?
- Ingesting ACV will help to improve absorption of vitamins and minerals essential for your joints.
- High levels of calcium, magnesium and potassium help to avoid depletion caused due to arthritis.
- Antioxidants residing in ACV thwart free radicals that cause degenerative tissue damage.
- Internal consumption of ACV helps to relieve you from pain and stiffness of arthritis by dissolving acid crystals built in joints.
- Pectin, malic acid and acetic acid packed in ACV help to absorb toxins and flush them out from your body.
- This home available ingredient helps to reduce inflammation by alkalizing your body.
- Magnesium residing in ACV help to strengthen bones by absorbing calcium.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Arthritis?
Below listed are different recipes that help to relieve arthritis pain and stiffness.
#1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Cherry Juice
Rich in Anthocyanins, cherry juice helps to reduce inflammation.
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of cherry juice.
- Have this juice 2 times to relieve from arthritis pain.
- Include these two ingredients to boost immune system and enhance energy levels.
#2. Apple Cider Vinegar Soak
Try this recipe if you’ve painful feet.
- Take 6 cups of warm water in a tub.
- Add 1 cup of ACV to it and soak your feet for 30 minutes.
- You can also use this recipe for topically applying on inflamed joints.
#3. Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
- Add 1-2 cups of ACV to hot bath.
- Start with massaging your feet with this water.
- Massage arms, torso and neck.
- Or soak yourself in the warm water tub for few minutes.
#4. ACV and Grape Juice
Add this recipe to your diet.
- Mix 1 part of ACV with 3 parts of apple juice.
- Also add 5 parts of grape juice.
- Have this healthy drink twice in a day.
#5. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
These two ingredients are great source of potassium and alkalinize your body.
- To a glass of water, mix 2 teaspoon of ACV and honey.
- Stir and drink 2 times in a day.
- This drink will dissolves uric acid deposits between the joints and muscles.
- ACV and honey drink is excellent for rheumatoid arthritis.
Did you ever use apple cider vinegar for arthritis? Let me know in comments.