Often people related dark circles with lack of sleep, tiredness and long hours spending before computer screens.
Apart from this, experts also hold health ailments, nutritional deficiency and genetics to cause dark pools under your eyes.
Out of cosmetic concern people try to hide them, be it with a concealer or with beauty cream. But, are they safe from your sensitive skin?
Chemical ingredients filled in these cosmetic creams strip natural moisture from your skin and make it rough. Instead of these pricey products, you can go with home available ingredients that aren’t associated with any serious ailment.
What Causes Dark Circles?
Dark color under eyes is due to red blood vessels under your skin. Due to some factors blood leakage occurs around your eye area, leaving it puffy and dark.
Various factors cause dark circles under your eyes.
- Allergic reaction
- Contact dermatitis
- Hay fever
- Sun exposure
- Rubbing or scratching
- Poor blood circulation
In some cases it can be just shadow cast by hollows under your eyes, which develop as a normal aging process. (Source: Mayoclinic.org)
How to Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Dark Circles?
Baking soda or sodium carbonate is prominent for cleansing and exfoliating your skin. Regular massage can help to improve blood circulation.
Note: However, excess use of baking soda may irritate your sensitive skin. Patch test before using it on the skin.
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Chamomile tea or hot water in a short glass
- Mix baking soda and chamomile tea well.
- Take two cotton pads and soak it in the mixture.
- Place these cotton pads under your eyes and gently massage for 2 minutes.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water and pat dry with clean towel.
- Optionally, moisturize your skin with coconut oil or rose water.
As mentioned, baking soda may irritate sensitive skin. Massaging with rosewater will help to hydrate your dry skin and cool stinging sensation if any.
Apart from topical application, you must ingest nutritional diet.
- Drink enough water regularly.
- Wear sunscreen cream while going out.
- Ingest water rich fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t spend long hours before computer screens.
- Don’t stress about how you look. Inner beauty matters all the time.
- Consult your doctor to check if you’ve any health ailment.