Castor oil is one of renowned home remedy from granny’s shelf. Obtained from castor beans, this highly concentrated oil got thumbs up from FDA.
Even few cosmetic products included this oil has ingredients in the year 2002.
It is packed with high concentration of fatty acid known as ricinoleic acid. It exhibits antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.
Due to its viscous nature, castor oil is used as lubricant for equipments in cold climates. Native to India, this oil has different uses including food additive, mold inhibitor, as an ingredient in cosmetic products and in manufacturing plastic, fibers, leather and paints.
In Russia, its stem is used in textile industry.
What Is Baking Soda?
Prominent for cleaning and culinary purpose, this inexpensive ingredient can improve your health.
It’s 100 percent sodium bicarbonate. Health problems like digestive issues, stomach ache, sore throat and cough can be reduced by adding this ingredient.
Apart from health, it has cosmetic benefits. You can create your own deodorant, exfoliating mask, hair cleanser, teeth whitener and treat skin ailments.
24 Health Problems That Can Be Reduced by Castor Oil and Baking Soda
Excess use of baking soda can leave your skin sensitive. So, limit its use. Always blend it with other natural ingredients.
If you experience allergic reaction or irritation after using any of these ingredients, then stop their usage and immediately consult physician.
If you’re allergic to any of these ingredients, then stop reading it now. It’s not for you.
- You can treat tinnitus (ringing in the ear) by drinking 6 drops of castor oil mixed in a glass of water for 4 months.
- One drop of castor oil in the eye regularly will stop cataract (Clouding of normally clear eye lens).
- 5 drops of castor oil with water can help to fight allergic reaction.
- It can effectively eliminate pilonidal cysts (skin growth at tail bone).
- Castor oil in ear helps to remove wax plugs.
- 2 drops of castor oil consumption can remove nicotine from ex-smokers. It can also combat alcoholism.
- Regular massage with this viscous oil will help to remove calcium deposits and plantar calluses (thick skin at bottom of the feet).
- Improves digestion and reduce constipation issues.
- Rub castor oil over the eyes to get rid of allergic symptoms.
- Treat throat nodules by rubbing castor oil over the neck.
- Assorted nutrients in castor oil (CO) help to cure injuries and sprains on ankle.
- Massaging CO over the scalp stimulates hair growth and strengthens its root.
- CO heals minor burns, cuts and bruises.
- Vitamins in CO enhance collagen production when applied topically. It helps to lighten the appearance of stretch marks.
- Mix 1 tsp of baking soda with CO to fade dark spots and treat skin ailments.
- Mixing CO with little lavender essential oil helps to get rid of hyperactivity.
- Massage on back to treat lumbar pains or cervical.
- Anti-fungal ability in CO treats fungi from athlete’s foot.
- Get rid of warts on skin by CO and baking soda.
- Topical application of CO + baking soda can reduce red moles.
- Regular massage with CO over chest will stop snoring.
- Mixed with baking soda, CO can alkalize body and combat ailments.
- Anti-inflammatory property of these ingredients helps to reduce inflammation triggered by insect bite.
- Treat arthritis with castor oil.