Cold and sore throat is the allergic response triggered by allergens. Irritants can be bad weather, food, dust particles or bugs. Whatever the reason, no one likes to be sick.
Though there are lots of medicines available in the market, people turn to home remedies as they are effective and inexpensive way to treat cold and sore throat.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea for Cold and Throat
This gold bar is prominently used for culinary purposes and is known for its aromatic smell.
Ingesting this spice can treat major health ailments like diabetes, blood pressure, bad cholesterol, Alzheimer’s disease and cold.
- Anti-inflammatory ability of this innate ingredient can soothe inflammation caused by allergens.
- Anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties residing in cinnamon powder can treat respiratory diseases and help you to get good sleep.
- Ginger mixed in cinnamon tea can treat nausea, if you’re feeling sick due to cold.
- Both cinnamon and ginger together combine to soothe sore throat and reduce swelling.
- Mix cinnamon powder, almond milk and ginger to treat cold, flu and sore throat.
- Almond milk along with honey restrains infectious bacteria and reduces inflammation.
Note: Cinnamon Tea is not the only solution, but it is easy to consume and taste delicious.
RECIPE: DIY Cinnamon Tea for Sore Throat
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Raw honey – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Almond milk or cow milk – 1 cup
- Warm 1 cup of almond milk to certain extent.
- Add ginger powder and mix well.
- Now, add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add honey to make it taste delicious.
- Mix well and enjoy the warm tea.