Assorted nutrients in coriander face mask make it an effective remedy for all minor skin disorders. Read the below article to know its benefits and recipe.
Aroma of fresh coriander leaves completes the dish. Every special dish my mom cooks include this herb. As it enhances food taste you can add it to your favorite dish.
Interestingly essential nutrients packed in coriander leaves can improve your skin texture and avoid disorders. Many cosmetic products include this aromatic herb in their beauty products.
As these creams also include chemical preservatives, dermatologists don’t recommend these items. Instead, you can make your own coriander facial mask at home. (1)
Let’s peep into its nutritional benefits.
Benefits of Coriander Face Mask
You can expect quite a lot of things when you add this herb to your beauty regimen.
- Like its soothing smell, topical application of coriander leaves can soothe and cools your skin.
- Antioxidant properties packed in the facial mask can thwart free radicals that damage cell membrane and further avoid premature wrinkles.
- Essential vitamins residing in this super-herb can enhance collagen production and makes your skin tight.
- Anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties exhibited by coriander facial mask can restrain infectious germs.
- Anti-inflammatory property reduces inflammation triggered by acne and other chronic skin ailments.
- Issues like blackheads, acne and dark complexion can be reduced by regular application of this face mask.
How to Use Coriander Face Mask?
To reap these enticing nutrients, along with regular topical application you must ingest vitamin rich diet.
Add other natural ingredients to this remedy or just rub fresh coriander leaves over the skin. I tried it over my lips and it wiped all impurities including dead cells.
Coriander and Egg White Mask for Exfoliating
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Egg white – 2
- Uncooked oats – ½ cup
Blend all above listed ingredients in a food processor until you make thick paste out of them.
Wash your face with water or cleanser to remove impurities. Pat dry with soft cloth and apply the above mask evenly over the face. Rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
Lemon and Coriander Face Mask for Blackheads
Bleaching property of lemon can fade dark spots and also remove blackheads.
- Blend coriander leaves and take 1 tablespoon of its juice.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Using cotton ball dab over blackheads and leave to dry naturally.
You can use egg white and coriander face mask to remove blackheads. Use tissues paper to wipe the mask.
Coriander Face Mask for Acne
Acne is a chronic skin ailment, you can expect over night results for severe or moderate acne blemishes. Regularly apply this face mask and avoid foods that trigger acne lesions.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of coriander, lemon grass and chamomile in 1 cup of hot water.
- After an hour of cooling, blend to make smooth paste.
- Apply the obtained facial mask over prewashed face and leave to dry for 20 minutes.
Coriander Face Mask for Glowing Skin
- Coriander leaves
- Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut milk powder – 1 tablespoon
- Rice powder – 1 tablespoon
- White kaolin clay – 2 tablespoons
Blend the ingredients of this ultimate face mask and apply it over prewashed face.
Will you try this culinary herb over the skin?