Homemade face masks are effective as they are filled with exceptional nutrients. But, we’re busy and lazy. To save your time, here comes an overnight face mask recipe.
Wash your face to remove impurities, pat dry and apply this face mask before going to bed. Rinse it off in the morning.
Unlike chemical filled creams, these innate ingredients are filled with vitamins and minerals that are essential for your skin.
DIY Overnight Face Masks Recipes
#1 Green Tea Face Mask – Cleansing
This home available ingredient is prominent for losing weight. But, topical application can help to remove impurities and soothe your skin. Chronic skin ailments like acne, eczema and psoriasis.
Regular application of green tea face mask can remove blackheads, reduce wrinkles and lighten appearance of dark spots.
- Green tea bags – 2
- Potato juice – 2 tablespoons
- Brew green tea for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, mix 2 tablespoons of green tea with equal amount of potato juice.
- Take cotton ball and dip in the mixed solution.
- Apply it over the face and around the neck.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#2 Tomato Face Mask for Skin Brightening
Acidic and bleaching ability housed in tomato mask can effectively make your skin bright and reduce scars.
To make it more effective, you can add coconut milk to improve your skin tone.
- Tomato juice – 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 2 tbsp
- Peel fresh tomato and mash the pulp to obtain smooth paste.
- Mix 2 tbsp of coconut milk to the tomato paste.
- Wash your face and apply this face mask evenly.
- Leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
#3 Yogurt Face Mask – Skin Tightening
Aging and other external factors leave your skin dull and wrinkled. Nutrients packed in honey and yogurt help to make it firm.
Lactic acid and alpha hydroxy acid residing in yogurt help to remove dead skin cells and prevent breakouts.
Honey is renowned for its cleansing, hydrating and antibacterial properties.
- Raw honey – 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt – 1 table spoon
- Mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the face mask over prewashed face and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with water.
#4 Honey – Moisturizing
Antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and vitamin residing in honey help to moisturize and heal your skin. Mix it with tomato for flawless skin.
- Raw honey – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
- Peel tomato and mash its pulp to obtain smooth paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey to equal amount of honey.
- Wash your face to remove impurities and pat dry using soft cloth.
- Apply the mask and leave it to dry.
#5 Lemon Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Lemon juice is packed with bleaching and acidic property that can remove dark spots, scars and stretch marks. Topical application of this innate ingredient will make your skin radiant skin.
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Almond oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with equal amount of almond oil in a bowl.
- Dip cotton ball in this solution and apply it over prewashed face.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off after 15 minutes.