Wrinkles are no more a sign of experience. Though you may look more than your age, these unsightly nuisances aren’t associated with any serious ailment.
But, yes it’s a cosmetic concern.
No don’t have to try those chemical filled creams, which exceed your budget. Instead, there are apply egg white on your prewashed face and you’re done.
Yes, it may seem in effective. But, egg white is packed with essential vitamins that enrich your skin.
Why Your Skin Develops Wrinkles?
Aging is one of the main causes of wrinkles.
According to Scientificamerican.com after the 20 years of age your skin produces 1 percent less collagen, which is responsible for skin firmness. Along with it, elastin and GAG functioning also diminished. (Source)
This makes your skin thin fragile and wrinkle appears.
Apart from this, external factors like sun damage, environmental pollutants and certain chemical included creams results in extrinsic aging.
How to use Egg White for Wrinkles?
Before you jump to the recipe, let me list abilities of egg white.
- Sticky nature of egg white can efficiently remove impurities and blackheads.
- Albumin a compound present in egg white is known to reduce wrinkles.
- Protein content in this home available ingredient can increase elasticity of your skin.
- Regular application of egg white on your face will improve collagen formation.
- Vitamins housed in it hydrate your dry skin and nourish its functioning.
- Assorted nutrients in egg white locks moisture over the skin and slow down the aging process.
3 DIY Recipes to Try at Home
#1 Egg White and Honey
Honey is prominent for hydrating and healing properties. Vitamin C and A residing in raw honey can efficiently enhance collagen production and make your skin wrinkle free.
- Take 1 egg white and add 1 teaspoon of raw honey to it.
- Mix thoroughly and apply it over prewashed face.
- Use clean finger to apply evenly all over the skin.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Apply rose water to get rid of foul smell.
#2 Egg White and Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is renowned for antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and hydrating abilities.
Beauty experts recommend diluting tea tree essential oil with carrier oil. In this case mix it with egg white.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 egg white.
- Stir thoroughly and gently apply it over the face.
- Allow it to dry naturally and rinse it off with water.
#3 Egg White for Under Eye Wrinkles
You can mix glycerin with egg white.
Forehead wrinkles, under eye wrinkles and neck wrinkles are signs of aging. Fortunately, with regular massage you can reduce wrinkles to some extent.
- Whisk 1 egg white and add 1 teaspoon of glycerin to it.
- Optionally, you can add 1 tablespoon of gram flour to it (to remove excess oil from the skin).
- Mix and apply it over the face including under eye and neck.
- Allow it settle for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Note: These homemade recipes may work effectively only when you include healthy diet.