What are white dots on your fingernails? Don’t know? Then read this article.
Experts say that nails are windows for your overall health. So, you need to watch nail to check if you’re healthy.
Most white dots on nails are due to air bubbles under the nail plate. Scientifically these dots are known as leukonychia and they are caused due to minor injuries, hereditary and in some cases can relate to medical condition.
Medication Conditions and White Dots on Nails
- Warts, nail fungus, psoriasis and eczema can results in white spots on your fingernails.
- Soft nails with white specks indicate that you’ve thyroid related problem – hypothyroidism.
- Sarcoidosis is a condition that results in small lymph nodes on different parts of the body. White dots on nails can indicate this disease.
- Two horizontal lines on nails may indicate cardiac arrest, leprosy, malaria and Hodgkin’s disease.
- Two white narrow stripes may also indicate low levels of albumin protein in your blood and hypoalbuminemia.
- Other medical conditions that can be related to lines on nails are kidney disease, liver problem, heart failure, inter alia and irregular diet.
These ailments damage your nails, so you must consult physician to confirm the ailment.
Don’t worry, in some cases white dots on your nails are due to injuries. However, we strongly recommend seeing doctor and discussing with him.
Stay healthy 🙂