A smile and innate remedies, both add beauty to your face; because they are natural. Topical application of mayonnaise face mask can improve your skin texture.
Mayo is an emulsion of egg yolk, soybean oil and vinegar. It is prominently used in sandwich, salads and French fries. Besides being delicious, it can be beneficial to your skin.
- Natural ingredients in mayonnaise can hydrate your dry skin and helps to get rid of itching.
- Acetic acid in vinegar removes dead cells and impurities accumulated over the skin.
- Nutritional property of the face mask stimulates regeneration of skin cells and improves skin texture.
- Apart from using it on skin, you can massage your hair with this mask to strengthen them.
- According to Popsugar.com Epsom salt, carrot and mayonnaise can make the skin soft and supple.
- Regular application will treat acne and helps to fade scars.
How to Use Mayonnaise Face Mask?
Benefits are alluring isn’t it?
You can get mayonnaise from local store or can make it at home. Stay with me, I’ll share the recipe by the end of this post.
Back to face mask.
Impurities and dead cells pile over the skin block skin pores. If you don’t wipe them, they may leave your skin dark. So, initially cleanse your face.
Just wash with lukewarm water or try rosewater to remove impurities using cotton ball.
- Take mayonnaise cream and scoop required amount in a cup (1/2 is enough).
- Leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Wash/cleanse your skin and pat dry.
- Apply the mayonnaise mask on the face evenly and leave it to dry naturally.
- After 15 minutes rinse it off with water.
Optionally, moisturize the skin with rosewater or jojoba oil.
Mayo cream and lemon juice
Acidic property housed in lemon juice can lighten dark spots and treat ailments. However, excess use will make your skin sensitive.
It’s recommended to add honey along with lemon juice to hydrate the skin.
Mix 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise cream, 1 tablespoon of honey and few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mask on face and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
Honey and Mayonnaise Facial Mask
Raw honey is packed with exceptional nutrients. Even religious documents like Quran and Bible discuss about its healing properties.
To treat acne and hydrate dry skin you can add raw honey to mayonnaise cream.
Mix 2 tablespoon of raw honey to ½ cup of mayo cream. Apply the mask on prewashed face.
Regular application will lighten the appearance of stretch marks, scars and dark spots.
Note: Mayonnaise face mask alone can’t make your skin supple. You must change your lifestyle by including vitamin rich food, drink enough water, do regular exercise and get good sleep.
Honey, Oatmeal, Sugar and Mayonnaise Face Mask
This face mask recipe helps to shed dead cells and nutrients in mayonnaise stimulate cell regeneration.
- Take 2 tablespoon of mayo cream and add 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 tablespoon of grounded sugar, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Mix thoroughly till you obtain thick paste.
- Apply the face mask over prewashed face and leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
How to make mayonnaise at home?
You need 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice, 1 cup of olive oil or grapeseed oil, a pinch of sea salt.
- Collect egg yolks in a bowl and add lemon juice to it.
- Whisk them to make thick paste.
- Slowly add grapeseed oil or olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Optionally, you can add water if required.
That’s it! Your mayonnaise cream is ready. (Source)
This condiment cream can leverage the taste of your food, besides that it can help to achieve supple skin. You can add honey to make mayonnaise facial mask more effective. Patch test before applying it on the skin.