Cleopatra, ancient beauty queen is prominent for her beauty. Am not sure if her physical appearance was alluring or not, but researchers brag about her cosmetic recipes.
Essential oils are among them. In this article I’ll discuss about exceptional benefits of rose oil for skin lightening.
This innate oil is extracted from rose through steam distillation process. Hydrating and antimicrobial properties housed in this essential oil can reduce skin ailments.
Because of its aromatic smell, rose oil is extensively used in aromatherapy to get rid of depression, stress and to improve blood circulation.
UV rays, pollutants, dead cells, allergens and other internal factors results in embarrassing dark spots on your skin. According to experts, melanocytes which is responsible for skin color releases excess melanin at particular spot due to some internal and external factors, leading to hyperpigmentation.
Dermatologist and few studies conclude that excess use of beauty creams can affect elasticity of your skin and results in premature wrinkles.
Benefits of Rose Oil for Skin Lightening
Assorted nutrients in rose oil can effectively wipe impurities and dead cells piled over the skin. A 2009 study claims that rose oil is an excellent remedy for relaxing and to reduce blood pressure.
- Essential nutritional agents in rose oil protect your skin from UV rays and removes irritants that results in dark spots.
- Cosmetic benefits include anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce acne inflammation.
- Astringent activity exhibited by this natural oil can make your skin tight and reduce wrinkles.
- Moisturizing properties hydrates your dry skin and forms a protective layer over the skin.
- Antioxidants, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties enhance the healing process and helps to obtain supple skin.
- A study carried in 2010 state that even small drop of rose oil can kill acnes bacteria.
- Beauty experts say that rose oil improves absorption feature of your skin. It unclogs blocked skin pores and allows the skin to breathe.
Beauty creams that include rose oil can be dangerous, as your skin readily absorbs chemical ingredients packed in that product.
How to Use Rose Oil for Skin Lightening?
Single drop of this yellowish-grey colored oil is obtained from thousands of rose petals. So, it’s very expensive. When compared with wide range of benefits it can provide you can ignore the cost.
Essential oils are highly concentrated, which can irritate sensitive skin. Beauty experts recommend blending carrier oil with it. May be this is the reason; it’s very difficult to find pure rose oil. Most manufacturing companies blend 5% of rose oil with base oil.
Despite this, still this oil is highly loved because of wonders it can create on your sensitive skin.
- Initially, wash your face or skin with water or cleanse it.
- Pat dry and take 1-2 drops of rose oil in your palm.
- Blend carrier oil with pure rose oil.
- When the skin is still damp, massage the oil evenly all over the face.
- Allow it to dry naturally and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
Night is the best time to apply this natural oil, as it gets lots of time to work.
Note: Beauty experts always recommend to patch test before using any new product. Apply small amount of rose oil over the hand or below neck. If you see no allergic reaction, then use it.
To expect over night results with rose oil for skin lightening, along with topical application you must consider vitamin rich diet and avoid long exposure to computer screens.